ACTRESS Lerato Mvelase is allegedly back in the warm arms of Siyabonga “Siya B” Radebe.
But their friends are worried the relationship is doomed – because they have the same surname!
One friend claims Siya B recently changed his surname from Radebe to Mthembu.
This source told Sunday Sun: “And now the two are sharing the surname because Mvelase is a clan name (Isithakazelo) of the Mthembus.
“So there’s a possibility that they share blood and might be related,” added the source.
Another friend also alleged that Mvelase is just a clan name, and Lerato’s real surname is Mthembu.
The couple had a nasty break-up a few years ago.
It was rumoured at the time that Lerato moved out of the house they lived in together, and she took her Golf back.
But according to a friend, who is close to the situation, the couple rekindled their love.
This allegedly after working together on various TV productions.
“They work well together, and they’re a good couple,” said the source.
“We’re just concerned that their relationship might be doomed because both of them are now using the Mthembu surname.”
The source went on: “There are rumours that the pair is getting on so well these days that they have even started talking about a possible marriage.
“This is what has us worried. We’re afraid that they might have bad luck, since Lerato is now a qualified traditional healer.”
When the SunTeam contacted Lerato for comment on the romance and surname issues, she said: “Oh, wow! I didn’t know about this.
“Can someone fill me in about my life, please?”
Then, she spelled it out for the People’s Paper: “I can only say four things.
“One: Yes, Siyabonga and I work well together on Saints and Sinners and we enjoy each other’s talents.
“Two: We’re not together any more.
“Three: Yes, it’s true he’s a Mthembu – and I am a Mvelase. And the two are related.
“Four: I can only wish the best for Siyabonga in life.”
When the SunTeam tried to get comment from Siya B, instead of responding to questions, he started to beatbox over the phone. And he kept checking if the reporter was still on the phone.
Then, he continued singing and making funny sounds.