A US-based Nigerian woman Temitope Adebamiro, who allegedly murdered her husband has pleaded guilty to manslaughter and a weapons offense.

Adebamiro, 36, entered the plea to manslaughter and a weapons offense in Superior Court in Wilmington on Sept. 16. Her attorney said she was able to plead to the lesser murder offense under a section of the code for extreme emotional distress. Now, instead of proceeding to trial as planned for mid-October, she faces four to 50 years in prison at a sentencing in December.

Temitope allegedly stabbed her pharmacist husband, Adeyinka Adebamiro, 37, in the couple's home in the 1300 block of Healy Court in April 2015. New Castle County police were called to the home at about 12:40 am and found Adeyinka unconscious with a stab wound near his neck. The officers took the residents of the home, including Temitope, who was wearing blood-stained clothing, to the Cpl. Paul J. Sweeney Public Safety Building near New Castle, according to court documents.

The couple had been married for more than 10 years and had two children. During investigation, Temitope claimed her husband was physically abusive to her, even while she was pregnant, and had been cheating on her with various women, including her own sister and the nanny's daughter.

In an interview with Sahara Reporters, Temitope's sister, who claimed Temitope was the one cheating on the deceased and that she was involved with black magic.
On the night of the killing, Temitope told investigators her husband had sent her to Nigeria for several months. After returning in December, she had to stay in a hotel near the Philadelphia airport for four days because her husband refused to let her into their Red Lion home. He then paid for her to fly back to Nigeria for a few more months. It was then she learned that her husband had spent Christmas with the nanny's daughter.

The husband later flew out to Nigeria and flew back with her to Philadelphia. As he showed her the cameras inside their home over his cellphone, Temitope saw the nanny's daughter inside the home. Temitope saw several texts and images in her husband's phone, which she took pictures of using her cellphone. Some of the pictures included images of her sister and the nanny's daughter.

Around 9 p.m. on the night of the killing, the couple had been talking and watching television on the couch about 9 p.m when her husband discovered the photos she'd taken on her cellphone, according to court documents. As he yelled at her, Temitope told police there was a power outage, the court documents said. Investigators checked with Delmarva Power, which indicated there was no power outage at the time, police said.

Temitope then told police that when the power returned, she found her husband in the first-floor bedroom lying in the bed. As she got closer to him, she saw a knife on the ground which she picked up and took to the kitchen, according to documents. As she put it away, she noticed blood on the tip and that's when she realized he had been stabbed, the court documents said.

Temitope suggested to police that her husband stabbed himself and changed her story several times, according to court documents. When police told Temitope that his death was not a suicide, the woman "began nodding her head in agreement," according to court documents.

Police also found during a search of the home a photograph of Temitope's husband on top of the dresser in the master bedroom. The picture is of the victim holding a baby with an X across his face and a cut mark across his neck, according to court documents.

She was charged with first-degree murder and has been held in the Baylor Women's Correctional Institution ever since.

‎Source: Delawareonline.com