A 22-year-old American college student was fatally shot in the face at the J’Ouvert festival in Brooklyn after she told a man to stop grinding against her.
St. John’s University student Tiarah Poyau was walking the pre-West Indian Day Parade route with three friends early Monday when she was accosted and told the man, "Get off me.’ Her friends, who were walking ahead of her at around 4:15 a.m., then heard a shot and saw her fall at Empire Boulevard and Franklin Avenue.
 Poyau had been shot in the eye at close range.
"This young lady is just a stellar person," said Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce. "No issues in her life whatsoever, and none before either"

The 20-year-old thug who shot her was nabbed Tuesday morning, September 6th, while drunkenly driving on a three wheels 2002 Ford Explorer and with a Caribbean flag wrapped around his bloody hand, according to police. He is being charged with murder and depraved indifference.
Before his arrest, suspect identified as Reginald Moise,20, told friends, "I think I shot somebody on the parade route. I didn’t know the gun was loaded," sources said. He had called his cousin looking to stash the murder weapon at her house. When he arrived, Moise then barely missed killing a one-year-old boy sleeping in his crib after he shot up a relative's apartment while hiding the gun. The bullet went through the relative's wall and into a neighbour's apartment
A cop who was at the scene with his partners took to Instagram to narrate Tiarah's last moments on earth.
"Her name was Tiarah Poyau and on Sunday night while My partners and I didn't know her We spent her last moments on earth with her while she lay dying. Maybe it's because I'm a dad, maybe it's because I'm a human, maybe it's because I care, I don't know. I haven't been able to stop thinking about her. I cried on the way home from work for the first time in a long time. So sad. To her family I'm sorry for your loss if you ever see this. Know that we tried our best. God bless her and her family." Lohman wrote.
NYC Mayor Bill DiBlaiso had put a cancellation of the annual festival "on the table"
More photos of the victim below.