The remains of a Khayelitsha woman who was reportedly missing during her 21st birthday celebration has been found buried under a half-built house.
The Khayelitsha woman popularly known as Anelisa Dulaze was declared missing on January 31, after she went out with friends to celebrate her birthday in tavern Town Two and  Anelisa’s ex-boyfriend is suspected to be involved in her disappearance.
The community members had last month, led a march to the Khayelitsha police station demanding that police intensify their investigation into her disappearance.

Adhering to this call, the police took a thorough search after which  Anelisa’s body was exhumed from the foundation of an incomplete house just behind the suspect’s family home in Makhaza.
The 23-year-old Anelisa’s ex-boyfriend who now stands as prime suspect, is expected to appear at the Khayelitsha Magistrate’s Court on Tuesday facing a murder charge as confirmed by the Police spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Andrè Traut
“Initial investigation into the missing person report filed soon after her disappearance revealed the possibility of foul play and the case was then changed to murder,” he explained.
“Further investigation resulted in the discovery of her body at a residence in Makhaza [yesterday], and the subsequent arrest of the suspect.”
Traut added that the circumstances surrounding the incident are still under investigation.
Large crowd of concerned individuals were seen around the scene where the decomposed body was discovered. Many declared their shock on the discovery saying they never suspected any foul play at the construction site.
Forensic officials spent hours at the scene combing through the area for evidence, many wearing masks to avoid the thick stench of decay.

The diseased mother Vathiswa Dulaze who though is shocked at the confirmed death of her daughter said she is at least relieved knowing her daughter has been found.
“It is better that at least something has been found, it would have been worse to have gone on with the hope that she was alive,” she explained.
“It hurts because I still carried that hope, people kept saying she was seen walking around places and I would rush there hoping to find her.
“Not one day did I think of her as lying dead somewhere but I’m glad at last it is over.”
The cause of Anelise’s death is as yet unknown.
“I hope she went peacefully and didn’t suffer,” said Vathiswa.
“I still have a lot of unanswered questions on what happened that night.
“But were I to come face to face with the person accused of doing this, I don’t think I would even think to speak.”