A seven-year-old boy, Cameron Wahid, suffered a suspected allergic reaction and died after eating a bowl of spaghetti.
Wahid and his family were enjoying a half-term trip to Sorrento, Italy, when he went into anaphylactic shock after eating the dish followed by a fruit.
The precious little boy was pronounced dead on Friday in a specialist children's hospital in Naples. He is believed to have had a dairy allergy.
The boy lived with his parents Cassandra and Rizwan and brother Aidan in East Grinstead, West Sussex.
D&D Footie Focus, which runs football classes he attends, issued a statement saying: "RIP Cameron Wahid.