Breaking News
recent

Ariana Grande concert bombing: 5 things we know and 3 things we don't


An explosion struck an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England on Monday night.
Police confirmed on Tuesday morning 22 people were killed and roughly 59 were injured in what has been said to be the deadliest attack in Britain in 12 years.
Nine hours after the attack police are investigating what they are treating as a terrorist attack.

Here is what we know so far:

  1. The bomb went off around 23:35 on Monday night. As of 08:30 on Tuesday morning, 22 people were confirmed dead and 59 injured.
  2. Manchester police say they believe one man carried out the attack. The man set off an improvised explosive device and died in the attack.
  3. The bombing took place as Ariana left the stage. She was uninjured and has suspended the rest of the European leg of her world tour.
  4. The audience was mostly pre-teens, as her "Arianator" fan base is full of young girls experiencing their first concerts.
  5. The bombing has been identified as the deadliest attack on Britain since 2005. The 7 July 2005 London bombings were a series of terrorist suicide bomb attacks targeting civilians using the public transport systems.

SOCIAL MEDIA FOOTAGE SHOWS CHAOS AFTER THE EXPLOSION:

Here is what we don’t know:

  1. The man said to have carried out the attack has not yet been identified. 
  2. While police are treating the bombing as a terrorist attack, the motive or why the Manchester Arena was targeted is still unknown.
  3. The victims have not been identified. Social media was flooded by concerned loved ones looking for missing concert-goers. 

POLICE RELEASE A STATEMENT AFTER THE BOMBING:

Khabza Mkhize

The Edge Search

Loading...
Powered by Blogger.