Successful candidates will join the Playhouse Actors’ Studio for a period of a year during which they will attend workshops and master classes aimed at enhancing their practical skills and further developing their talent in a professional theatre environment. The Studio will also provide opportunities for its members to appear in Playhouse Company productions with established guest artists and to develop educational tours and outreach programmes.
Those interested in auditioning must prepare the following:
- Personal testimonies – a) your past involvement in the arts b) motivation for wanting to be a part of the programme
- Written Idea of a play – provide a synopsis of a story (1/5 page) with an attached rationale
- Audition – A prepared monologue for audition. (Piece must come from a South African writer)
- List of other areas of interest within the arts
- Provide 2 referees that we can contact to verify commitment, discipline and drive
Auditions details are as follows:
Auditions will be held on Tuesday, 7 March in Studio A1 (Playhouse Head Office, 29 Acutt Street, Durban).
Please note that you might be required to wait for your audition. Booking is essential.