- Do not leave your child to cross a stream on their own.
- Do not allow your children to play near an open source of water such as a dam, river or drain system.
- During the rainy seasons, do not leave your children at home alone, there should always be adult supervision.
- Teach your children to not attempt to cross low bridges, but rather stick to higher ground.
- Plan appropriately and find alternative routes through higher altitude areas for kids to use when going to school.
- Give your child a whistle to blow in case they get swept away so that they can be heard and found.
The Edge Search
6 Tips How to protect your kids from drowning during Heavy floods