They're happening in four cities this time: Cape Town, Joziburg, Durban and Port Elizabeth for the first time.
The dates and venues:
Port ElizabethDate: Wednesday, 12 October 2016
Venue: The Beach Hotel on Marine Drive
Cape TownDate: Saturday and Sunday 15 and 16 October 2016
Venue: Belmont Square, Rondebosch
DurbanDate: Wednesday, 19 October 2016
Venue: Growth Point, King's Park Stadium
JoziburgDate: Saturday 22 and Sunday 23 October 2016
Venue: Sasani Studios in Balfour Park
- These initial auditions aren't filmed for TV because this is where the initial selection of voices takes place. An anonymous panel of music experts judge these auditions and decide on who will make it through to the show's Blind Auditions where auditionees sing for the series judges. The Blind Auditions air on TV.
- You need to be 18 on the day of your audition but there is no upper age limit. You need to take your ID with you to the audition.
- You need to be a South African citizen or permanent resident.
- You will have to sign a document stating that you don't have an existing recording contract with any recording contract (to avoid a Siyakha repeat)
- Take water and other necessities like sunscreen to the audition in case you have a long wait.
How to audition online
You can also try for a fast track through the process by submitting a track online. You can upload your track on The Voice website here: The Voice
The new season premieres on M-Net in January 2017.