Mandoza's family have come out strongly to quash any rumours surrounding his financial affairs during a press conference held in Soweto on Monday.
The Kwaito legend's family held a press conference at Soweto Theatre on Monday where the family thanked the nation for its overwhelming support since Mandoza's death on Sunday afternoon.
Mandoza lost his long-standing fight against cancer while being rushed to hospital, after his health took a turn for the worse.
Speaking to TMG Entertainment at the press briefing on Monday, family spokesperson Mohlomola Kekana said they wanted to send a clear message, before rumours and speculation surrounding Mandoza's financial affairs started doing the rounds.
Mohlomola said that 'broke reports' have been known to follow the death of well-known personalities, and they wanted to set the record straight from the onset.
"Mandoza is not a pauper. He is not a charity case- he is a husband, a father and a friend. And his family are taking care of all of his funeral arrangements," he said.
Mohlomola went on to say that Mandoza was a "decent man" who worked hard all his life and he will be given a proper send-off by his family.
It was also announced at the press briefing that a public memorial service will be held in Mandoza's honour on Wednesday at 12 noon at Ellis Park.
Mandoza died on Sunday afternoon just days after his family issued a statement confirming that doctors had detected a tumour in his brain. The Nkalakatha hitmaker was first diagnosed with cancer in May last year but was given a clean bill of health after undergoing chemotherapy.