There is no deal with the ANC‚” EFF leader Julius Malema told reporters in Alexandra on Wednesday as he unpacked the conditions that were made by HIS party during the coalition discussions over the past two weeks.
Malema said the EFF refused to discuss coalitions with the ANC’s Gauteng provincial leadership‚ and requested that ruling party’s national leadership deal with its national leadership.
The ANC‚ led by Gauteng Premier David Makhura and provincial chairperson Paul Mashatile‚ agreed to this demand and dispatched big wigs like Gwede Mantashe‚ Jessie Duarte‚ Zweli Mkhize‚ Andries Nel and Jeff Radebe.
In that discussion‚ Malema said the following demands were made:
- A 6% expropriation of land;
- Nationalisation of banks and other strategic assets;
- Free education;
- Die Stem be removed from the national anthem;
- Scrapping of e-tolls completely;
- Cancel the nuclear deal with the Russians;
- A judicial inquiry on the Gupta family; and
- Zuma be fired as the President of the Republic
Malema said that similar tough demands had been made of the Democratic Alliance‚ but it could not agree on these.
“We will not be going to a coalition with anyone. The EFF will go to council as an opposition. The EFF must not get power using the shortcut‚” Malema said. – TMG Digital
The Edge Search
EFF demanded President Zuma’s firing in coalition talks with ANC