Here are some of the things you might not have know about Gugu Zulu:
- Gugu was one of the celebrity contestants on the fifth season of Strictly Come Dancing.
- He was an advanced driving instructor for the Volkswagen Driving Academy, Audi and BMW.
- Gugu began his racing career in 1999, after graduating from the Isondo Racing Academy.
- He won the Vodacom Isondo Sports 2000 national championship, winning 13 out of 16 races with two second places.
- In 2001, racing legend Sarel van der Merwe took him under his wing, when he was given second seat in the inaugural Sasol Steam Team.
- In 2003 he was offered a drive in the rallying world, scoring high points in several rallies to bring him within one point of the championship leader.
- In 2004 he had a taste of overseas racing, competing against the likes of Mario Andretti’s grandson Marco, in the Skip Barber Dodge Racing Series.
- In August 2007 he was appointed as the commercial manager for A1 Team South Africa, which competes in (and hosts a race for) the A1GP, “The World Cup of Motorsport”.
- In the racing world he was affectionately known as “the fastest brother in Africa”.
- Gugu was married to biokineticist and reality TV star Letshego Moshoe, who appeared on e.tv’s Fear Factor and M-Net’s Survivor South Africa: Maldives, whom he began dating from 2001. The two have a daughter called Lelethu.