10 Facts About Condoms You Never Knew
These 10 interesting facts about condom history will surprise you.
1. The condom is not a new invention: The oldest known claim to the use of condoms was actually part of a cave painting in France. The paintings in this cave are estimated to be between 12,000 and 15,000 years old.
2. Condoms have not always covered the whole penis: Before the 15th century, Chinese men placed bits of oiled silk paper over their glans only and men from Japan use something called a "tortoise shell caps."
3. The first large-scale case of condom use occurred in the 16th century : A man named Gabriele Fallopio invented condom that you had to tie to the penis. He tested this by wearing it for men and asking them to have sex with women who had Syphilis. He claimed then men did not contract the disease.
4. The average condom can hold as much as a gallon of liquid: So a guy does not have to worry about it being unable to hold all his sperm.
5. Condoms do not hinder a guy's pleasure: There are a lot of condoms these days that are guaranteed to give the man as much pleasure as he could have gotten if he went without.
6. The German military was the first to promote condom use among its members: This happened around the 19th century. In the 20th century, the American armed forces followed suit.
7. Condoms are a girl's secret weapon: When the time is right and you pull out a condom, that shows the guy that you're confident and not afraid to go after what you want.
8. Condoms have set records: Some of them include: Most condoms pulled through the nose at once (3), longest condom chain (25,773 condoms tied together), largest condom mosaic (made using 685 condom packs), and of course, the largest condom (72 feet in length).
9. A lot of people still do not know how to use a condom: There are actually a lot of people that do not know how to use a condom. The phrase "can you reuse a condom" produces more than 130,000 results on Google.
10. People are so afraid of purchasing condoms that they don't want to use them: One of the top reasons people do not use a condom is because they are afraid to run into someone they know while buying it.